You won’t want to miss the annual meeting of health advocates and networking.
- Meet people who have been doing health advocacy for years, just launching their practice or teaching others how to work in health advocacy
- Mingle with our three national health advocate representatives: Beth Droppert, RN; Io Dolka; and Sima Kahn, MD: they are leading the national effort to create a national health advocacy marketplace and are working on the national credential
- Meet advocates who have specific niche areas or geographic locations that they cover
- Learn how new programs will help consumers access volunteer health advocates in the future
- Understand which programs might help consumers build their own health advocacy skills
- Meet academic institution leaders who are developing curriculum in health advocacy
- Learn the differences among the different programs
- Learn why patients are choosing independent health advocates and how advocates are participating in today’s health care visit
- Meet state leaders in health advocacy
Last year’s participants had this to say about the Annual Meeting:
“Everyone was very welcoming. I learned a lot about the emerging field of patient advocacy and believe the work you are doing is essential for improving patient experiences as they navigate the healthcare system.”
“You guys rocked on the event!!!! I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. The connections I made were exceptional."
Don’t miss the Annual Meeting of WASHAA. 7:30 am, Friday, November 14, 2014 at One Union Square.
It wouldn’t be the same with YOU, but seating is limited, so please register today at: www.washaa.org.