The program included a State of the Health Advocacy Industry address by WASHAA Executive Director, Io Dolka; an outline of WASHAA’s Mission, Vision and Programming by WASHAA Board Chair Robin Shapiro; and culminated in the panel discussing the impact of the emerging field of patient advocacy on patients, providers, academic institutions and advocates.
The panel of distinguished guests included:
- Beth Droppert, RN, BSN, CEO Allied Health Advocates;
- Sima Kahn, MD, Founder, Healthcare Advocacy Partners;
- Kevin Kussman, Associate Vice President of Corporate & Continuing Education, Clark College;
- Dale Reisner, MD, Medical Director at Swedish Medical Center and President of the Washington State Medical Association
- Andrea Mulrain, cancer survivor and advocate
Strong interest was evident in the room with attendees actively participating in the discussion throughout the event. Find your self in the audience and read attendee feedback at our photos and feedback page.
Since November 1st, many new members have joined our organization making our effort stronger and helping us grow the WA State Health Advocates Directory to provide patients and their caregivers advocacy options for their healthcare needs.